"you can change your fate.
you can sit back,
or you can
go after your life
and all that you want it to be."
-hilary swank
![]() |
| this photo is by Kamen Ferdinandov. |
obviously, life doesn't always work that way.
Thank goodness I have an aptitude for persistence. When I find something I really want, I'll keep going for it. Without that, I wouldn't have this internship. I wouldn't have gone down to Charleston for the interview. I wouldn't have stumbled upon Daniel Island. I definitely wouldn't be moving down there this weekend.
BUT...
I did get the internship with the Charleston Magazine. I did stumble upon Daniel Island and I am moving there this weekend. And I couldn't be more ready for this next chapter to begin.
So Charleston here I come. Accompanied by Augustus and the belleville (a person can get everywhere on her bicycle on Daniel Island!), my camera, and a mindset to get as much experience as I can from my journalistic endeavors during this internship.

No comments:
Post a Comment