| A masterpiece. I try to incorporate as much candy as possible. |
| Mer's house. Okay, yes, I can see how sometimes "less is more." |
| Those are some frightening eyes on that ginger-kid. Maybe he's been driven mad by the fact that I forgot to create a door (or windows), so he has no way to enter his gingerbread abode. |
| Goodbye gum-drops! This is the point where things started to go awry. |
| "Not to worry! Toothpicks!" -mer's solution. |
| There goes the other side. |
| "It's the cowboys stadium! A retractable roof!"-mer "It's solar power! Sustainable energy!" -me |
This is one of the most entertaining feats of architecture I have wittnessed in many years. (If "you-know-who" were writing this it might have read intertaining. But then, spelling was never my strong suit either.)
ReplyDeleteThe errection of this cantalevered structure (not counting toothpicks) was accomplished without plans and specs by the sole effort of design team, Natalie P. Miller. Your ability to act as construction manager, project manager, and project architect simulanteously was seamless. (Although a quality surveyor might have proven beneficial.) You successfully executed the project without construction delays or cash flow problems, and still managed to "Go Green".
Staying true to your inspiration and vision are evident in the final product. I applaud your tenacity and sticktoitiveness (literally) even in the face of adversity and threat of OSHA standards. Despite overwhelming odds - and gravity, you were able to see this construction through to fruition.
For entertainment value alone this structure remains in my home, and has been saved from refuse.
I always enjoy getting to peep into your thoughts. Thanks for always sharing your entertaining pictures and witty commentary.
Stacy