Monday, November 1, 2010

persistence, stubbornness, and the rest.



At the end of my first field hockey season, each team member received 
a "personal award";
my award was "packed with persistence" and I remind myself of that any time I need to persevere through something...
or just keep pestering someone else until I get what I want from them.
So that could be translated into two characteristics to describe my personality:
perseverance or stubbornness.
I refuse to let go or give up on lots of things, whether it's a goal, a relationship, 
or an opinion...
no matter how many times I'm told it's not going to work the way I see it working.
It probably explains why I'm so stuck on the whole "second chance" theory.
That shows persistence because it's kind of like 
"if at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
So to me, that makes sense. Give it another go,
 one more chance to show what you can do.
Believe in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment