The other night, after a leisurely jog around the island, I noticed a crowd of cars at
Bishop England (our catholic high school) and I could feel the excitement and energy emanating from the families and fans gathering at the football stadium for a scrimmage.
So, being practically next door neighbors with the football stadium ourselves, Augustus and I made our way over to check out the whole affair.
Even though it wasn't some enormous event, and I experienced college football at Baylor, I never really had the chance to take in the atmosphere of high school football.
And even though I had entirely no clue what was going on or who any of the players were,
I liked being there AND I like the fact that I can just walk from where I live.
I plan on attending all the home games this season! Who saw that coming?
| The Battling Bishops!! |
What fun!
ReplyDelete