
It took me forever to learn how to skip when I was a kid. I could only hitch up one leg for some reason,
so I probably looked pretty peculiar, determinedly trying to move quickly, but just not getting it right.
Last night, I used my now fairly adequate skipping as a defense mechanism against mosquitos while I was letting the dogs out before bed. It was a way to swiftly dodge those vicious insects, and I was actually really enjoying myself. So now I'm going to remind myself to skip daily... it creates a smile.
The pups were riled up by it too... which is always amusing.
But skipping always reminds me of childhood and my favorite form of movement when I was little.
To me, these photos represent the carefree days when skipping was almost always appropriate.

(this one could be my brother and his two best friends. the puppy's a perfect touch)
No comments:
Post a Comment